Project Manager, Merchandising
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 44321
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Merchandising
Travel Requirements: 20 - 30%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Merchandising team.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Lead, plan, develop, implement and monitor comprehensive project plans for execution, consistent with corporate strategic objectives and financial goals
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Responsible to ensure all workstreams, whether business or technical, integrate together to deliver against the project objectives
- Define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle
- Identify risks to projects early and actively promote the development of mitigation plans
- Model outstanding leadership, interpersonal skills, teamwork, superior judgement and decision making, negotiating, planning & organizing skills, and commitment to the success of the team. Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Determine and assess the need, and when required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company
- Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects, consistent with strategic objectives and financial goals.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Leverage and influence best practices and tools for project execution and management
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Post secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in Project Management, use of specific methodology and tools / or a minimum of 8 years experience in project management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, MS Project Management, Excel PowerPoint and all relevant internal systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent judgment,decision making skills and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research into project related issues and products, while meeting budget results.
- Demonstrated successful experience managing people / departments, including technical skills involving use of processes or technique knowledge and proficiency
- Able to understand abstract relationships, develop ideas and creatively solve problems
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Grocery Industry
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, SharePoint
- Bilingual French and English preferred
- Travel across Canada
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.