Medical Transcriptionist (1018)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Transcription
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Transcriptionist (1018)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation day, evening and weekend
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Perform transcription of medical reports as well as a wide range of clerical and secretarial tasks.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the area.
- Secondary school diploma (Grade 12) or general education diploma GED;
- Bilingual medical transcriptionist course (at least one year) or medical secretary training (at least one year) and at least three years' experience in medical transcription;
- Good knowledge of computer tools and office automation applications, more specifically Word and Excel, and ability to use them;
- Ability to perform work without constant supervision;
- Ability to briefly describe the position sought and explain interest in this position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken knowledge of English and French is essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment