Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Stella-Maris-de-Kent
DEPARTMENT : Clinical Nutrition
CLASSIFICATION : Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 0.8
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Mainly day shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Evaluate clients' nutritional needs. Teach clients the principles of healthy eating. Plan, coordinate and implement nutritional care plans for clients. Work in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. Actively collaborate in the training of nutrition students and students from other disciplines. Take part in the quality management program, in program and departmental meetings, and serve on various committees. Carry out all other related duties, as per the needs of the department.
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition or equivalent from a university recognized by the Dietitians of Canada
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Dietitians (NBAD)
- Certificate for having successfully completed the dietetics internship
- Computer skills (Meditech module and Microsoft Office suite)
- Proven ability to organize and manage own work
- Proven teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to fulfill their role in a changing work environment
- Proven ability to accurately solve mathematical problems
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work
- Good work history (performance and attendance)
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment