Culture Plus is looking for an Executive Director.
Are you passionate about arts and culture?
Are you an experienced project manager, nonprofit expert and/or innovative ideator?
Do you thrive on tackling complex challenges?
Do you enjoy working with a diversity of stakeholders?
Are you a results-oriented executive that wants sustainable impact in the arts and culture sector?
We should talk.
Culture Plus (Cultural Human Resources Council of New Brunswick) is a not-for-profit, bilingual organization committed to ensuring the vitality of New Brunswick's cultural sector workforce through life-long career development and training.
It is first and foremost a service organization designed to support stakeholders in all cultural domains, including heritage and libraries, live performance, visual and applied arts, written and published works, audio-visual and interactive media, and sound recording.
Culture Plus partners with public, private, and not-for-profit organizations as well as training institutions in an effort to facilitate professional development and skills acquisition for workers in the cultural sector.
The Executive Director is responsible for the administrative leadership of the organization's long-term goals and daily affairs, following the strategic direction developed by the Board of directors. This person will oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the organization's programs and services, as well as secure adequate funding for its successful operation.
This person will establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with members of the cultural sector, government representatives, and other organizations in order to achieve the mandate of Culture Plus. In conjunction with the President of the board, the ED may be called upon to act as an official spokesperson for the organization.
The ED will identify specific human resources needs and issues within the cultural sector and assist in the development of means to address them. The ED will work closely with stakeholders and membership across the cultural sector in program development, research, and implementation of an HR strategy.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar executive level position;
- Post-secondary education relevant to the work and organizational mandate;
- Strong administrative, management, interpersonal, and analytical skills;
- Experience in financial management
- Development and implementation of a budget;
- Excellent ability to communicate in meetings, with media, and in both written and verbal communications with various stakeholders, ideally in both French and English;
- Ability to articulate the opportunities and challenges of the evolving cultural human resources environment;
- Experience working in a non-profit sector and/or membership-based organizations;
- Ability to build and sustain an effective, efficient, transparent, and collaborative organizational environment;
- Full fluency in both English and French, verbal and written.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collaboration with Board of Directors and working committees
- Organize Board meetings in collaboration with the Presidency/Exectutive;
- Organize Annual General Meetings in collaboration with the Presidency/Executive;
- Work effectively with representatives of the cultural sector, the Board of Directors and working committees;
- Provide the Board of Directors with recommendations, as appropriate, on the strategic direction and day-to-day administration of Culture Plus;
- Provide advice on cultural sector human resource issues in New Brunswick.
Governmental relations, partnerships and communications
- Build good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with other cultural organizations, large and small business employers, artists and workers within the cultural sector, as well as educational / training institutions;
- Develop and maintain working relationships and strategic ties with stakeholders including government representatives;
- Ensure that all Culture Plus communications and branding towards members, partners and stakeholders are coherent, high-quality, and timely.
Outreach and impact of Culture Plus
- Represent and promote Culture Plus and act as a catalyst for expanding its membership and impact within the cultural sector;
- Undertake representational responsibilities and travel as required to promote the objectives of Culture Plus;
- In conjunction with the Presidency of Culture Plus, act as official representative of the organization and participate in all activities deemed necessary to reflect its mission and vision.
- Develop and implement strategic revenue development proposals to secure funding for the organization's activities and successful operation;
- Administer funds and services effectively, complying with government contracts and Board guidelines and all other funding agreements;
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of the organization's financial resources to ensure budgetary responsibility is maintained;
- Create business partnerships and other forms of collaboration in order to maximize the financial resources of Culture Plus.
- Manage day-to-day operations of Culture Plus including planning, financial management, staff development, contract negotiation, and advocacy;
- Propose and implement policies and procedures as set out in the Culture Plus bylaws, the Board approved Strategic Plan, and other administrative guidelines;
- Develop the annual budget and, once approved by the Board of Directors, ensure its monitoring;
- Develop, manage, and coordinate the delivery of projects for Culture Plus;
- Manage human resources required to meet the organization's goals including the recruitment, selection, contracting, training, evaluation and termination of staff and contractors;
- Ensure a harmonious and fulfilling working environment, focused on efficiency, professionalism, creativity, the achievement of objectives, and staff development.
Along with their Curriculum Vitae, candidates are asked to provide a cover letter expressing their incentive to fill the position. All applications must be received by Thursday, August 20th, 2018 12:00pm, (Atlantic standard time). We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a full time position offering a competitive salary.