Senior Solution Consultant, Functional Architect
Bell Aliant in Halifax City, NS
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Since 1880, Bell has encouraged economic growth by facilitating high quality jobs, safeguarding the natural environment, and ensuring our standards remain high. Our goal is to be recognized as Canada's leading communication company and we think you might help us achieve it. If you are someone who is passionate about innovation, technology and working in a dynamic workplace with many benefits, including but not limited to flexibility, focus on ensuring work/life balance, considerable benefits and salary, and the ability to improve your skills in many industries then our Senior Solution Consultant - Functional Architect position is perfect for you.
Bell Business Markets (BBM) is Canada's largest provider of information and communication technology (ICT) solutions. Our Atlantic Professional Services team is comprised of professional consultants who design, build, support, and install business and IT systems for our customers. The continued marketplace growth and success of our team is directly attributable to our members' expertise and professionalism.
As a Senior Solution Consultant - Functional Architect your role would be to contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of industry best practices and standards for deploying enterprise technologies, providing your expertise related to the design, implementation, and management of Business Application solutions.
In your day-to-day you could find yourself mentoring and providing senior oversight for your team's activities throughout the project life cycle. Some days you would be in client sites interacting with both management and technical personnel, involved in systems integration and delivery projects. As a Senior Solution Consultant every day is dynamic professionally fulfilling since you would be sharpening your skills day by day.
Professional Qualifications We Value:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Business Administration , a similar field, or an equivalent background with a minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Over five years of experience as a Senior Systems Architect or Application Architecture Team Lead.
- Application Architecture and Design experience.
- Significant experience within a large scale Enterprise level Application delivery.
Personal Qualifications We Value:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superb problem solving, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capability to assume the role of team head within a process and project-oriented organization while collaboratively working within a team.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Procedural documentation writing skills.
- Ease developing and conducting presentations.
- Systems Architecture certification(s).
- Experience in both private and public sector projects.
- Experience in Cloud, COTS, Custom Build and/or SAS systems integration.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 09/07/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax