Health and Safety Consultant
Bell Aliant in Moncton, NB
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Using innovative operational theory, tools and techniques, the Field team ensures that the right technician with the right skill set arrives at our residential and business customer's premises on time, every time. We are committed to ensure that Bell's network, products and services are of the highest standard. The Field Services team thrives on providing installation and repair services for business and residential customers using the latest technology, including Fibre, Optical Ethernet, IPVPN.
The health and safety consultant will use their expert knowledge and skills to promote a positive safety culture in field operations. This is accomplished by working in partnership with Management and employees groups by communicating, enforcing and monitoring adherence to health and safety policies, procedures and all applicable legislation. The incumbent will also plan and implement protective and preventative measures required to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries. They will lead project planning and implementation of various health and safety programs.
Job duties / accountabilities
- Serves as safety resource to field services and assists field services in complying with safety standards;
- provides training, consultation, guidance, and technical assistance on matters related to workplace safety, including assisting in the development of department-specific safety manuals and bulletins and advising of proper record keeping requirements;
- Responsible for health and safety project delivery including but not limited to: setting business requirements, developing and executing training plan, communication plan and change management plans.
- Anticipates opportunities and potential solutions, and leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the business partners/stakeholders and working collaboratively in a team environment with colleagues and senior client leadership
- Meets regularly with Field Services staff to ensure appropriate action is taken in compliance with safety policies to correct or prevent hazardous conditions which may result in accidents, injuries or workers' compensation claims;
- Work in collaboration with our Corporate Health and Safety team to document and communicate health and safety policies and procedures;
- Audits, implements and manages the Accident Prevention Program and coaches and coordinates the participation of departments within that program;
- Conducts regular safety audits of departments, including the inspection of facilities, worksites, equipment, work practices, and safety devices to ensure compliance with required workplace safety standards, regulations, and policy;
- Provide assistance and coaching to the health and safety committee incident investigation members to ensure valuable loss causation and recommendation information is included as part of the incident investigation process;
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on all incidents and accidents and produces statistics for management and health and safety committees;
- Involved at all levels of health and safety committees and work in collaboration with union representative to promote a healthy and safe work environment along with leading initiatives to help avoid workplace accidents or injuries.
- 3- 5 years experience in field operations and/or experience working in unionized environment with focus on health and safety
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a specialized area related to occupational health & safety
- Health and Safety certification is an asset;
- Solid oral and written communications skills, Bilingual, communication (spoken & written) skills would be considered an asset
- Excellent skills in Excel and PowerPoint, MS Project is an asset
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership skills, influencing others with the ability to get things done
- Experience in process improvement or project delivery role
- Flexible and able to tackle duties outside of their usual scope of work when called upon
- Multi-tasking ability, capacity to work with frequent interruption
- Excellent knowledge of the Canada Labour Code and provincial health and safety regulations
- application of statistical methods to analysis data, health and safety results
- Knowledge in conducting workplace accident investigations and root cause analysis, as well as proposing and coordinating the implementation of preventive measures.
- Occasional after hours work or later shifts maybe required to assist with accident investigations or other urgent health and safety requirements
- Occasional travelling required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 08/22/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NB , Moncton