Social Worker 1 UPP (Permanent Full Time), MHMI Mobile Crisis Response
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34073 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
DEPARTMENT: MHMI Mobile Crisis Response
FACILITY: Miramichi Addiction and Mental Health Services
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Social Worker 1 UPP
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
LANGUAGE: Bilingual Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $27.8090 to $37.8153 per hour
The Social Worker - Addictions and Mental Health, is responsible for working within an interdisciplinary team to provide a full range of social work services to clients, their families, and communities.
- University degree in Social Work.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers.
- Experience would be an asset.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French required
- This is a Social Work position that requires days/evenings (until 10:00 p.m.) and rotating weekend work. Incumbent must have a valid driver's licence, access to a vehicle and proper insurance.
The Social Worker - Addictions and Mental Health is responsible for:
- Assessing clients and developing and implementing treatment plans
- Developing and facilitating therapeutic interventions for individuals and groups
- Coordinating services and advocating for clients
- Providing emergency/crises intervention/stabilization services
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Building relationships with critical stakeholders in government and the community
- Responding to community needs (including schools and other populations/groups) and participating in capacity building initiatives
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Group Facilitation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 15, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34073-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.