Research Assistant (Permanent Full Time), Research Services
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33791 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Research Services
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Research Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Non Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $22.49 to $31.44 per hour ( Pay Band 3)
This position will support the research activities of the SOAR research unit, located at the Saint John Regional Hospital.
- University Degree with a focus on health sciences or human biology
- Experience in knowledge translation methodology
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge, skills and experience in preparing grant applications for research studies
- Previous experience working in a research environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and basic knowledge of statistical software.
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP Guidelines, Health Canada Food and Drug Regulations, and Tri-Council Policy Statement.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of new research initiatives;
- Compiles and reports study metrics and tracks study budgets;
- Liaises with study team members, Research Ethics Board (REB), and various departments within the hospital to ensure logistical support is in place for SOAR-supported studies;
- Prepares all regulatory and study-related documents for submission to REB;
- Reviews, inputs and/or extracts data from various data registries or files as needed;
- Assists with the development of posters and manuscripts for presentation at local and national conferences;
- Monitors study recruitment and subject tracking against protocol milestones and prepares summary reports;
- Designs data-collection worksheets for capturing study-specific data;
- Coordinates site visits for study participants;
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 15, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33791-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.