Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Speech Pathology
CLASSIFICATION : Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 5 months)
FTE : 0.7
HOURS OF WORK :
Day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
The successful candidate will participate in the delivery of professional speech-language pathology services with inpatients and outpatients of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre. They will be responsible for patient management, namely for assessing speech and language disorders, dysphagia and voice disorders, and for developing and implementing a hospital-based treatment or rehabilitation program. They could also be required to hold training and/or information sessions for various groups. Other related duties may be assigned based on the department's operational needs.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- Master's degree in speech-language pathology or an equivalent approved by the New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- Proven ability to organize and manage own work
- Proven teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to fulfill their role in a changing work environment
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance)
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment