Senior Project Manager, Highways
Senior Project Manager, Highways (Thornhill Office)
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Highways Department located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager, Highways, this position will manage a team of designers and draftspersons to carry out design projects for MTO and other clients. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, developing our team, pursuing new opportunities and strengthening our market share across the province of Ontario and beyond.
- Manage highway and roadway related projects, including schedule, deliverables and financial performance, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements;
- Prepare designs and contract specifications for a wide variety of transportation projects
- Manage staff productivity and utilization;
- Mentor staff and project teams;
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm, quality and client focus;
- Lead and direct business development activities including preparation of proposals and statement of qualifications; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- 10+ years of Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry including roles with management and business development responsibilities;
- Completed MTO design projects/contracts as the Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager (preferred);
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO);
- Able to work independently as well as in groups with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, project teams, and clients;
- Experience in a range of contract delivery models is an asset (eg. Design Bid Build, Design/Build, P3's, Early Contractor Involvement);
- Experience with all aspects of urban and rural highway and freeway design (e.g. alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, CPS, Q-Sheets, documents, constructability);
- Understanding of traffic engineering principles;
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines;
- Implement corporate QA/QC as well as Environmental Health and Safety practices/requirements, while meeting client expectation/requirements;
- Familiarity with Ontario's regulatory environment and experience with approval process;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Canada Inc. #LI-NW1