Senior Project Manager, Highways
WSP in Kitchener, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Roads & Highways team to work within the London area and reporting into our Kitchener office. Reporting to the Manager, Highways, this position will manage a team of designers and draftspersons to carry out design projects for MTO and other clients. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, developing our team, pursuing new opportunities and strengthening our market share across the province of Ontario and beyond.
- Manage highway and roadway related projects, including schedule, deliverables and financial performance, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements;
- Prepare designs and contract specifications for a wide variety of transportation projects
- Manage staff productivity and utilization;
- Mentor staff and project teams;
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm, quality and client focus;
- Lead and direct business development activities including preparation of proposals and statement of qualifications; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- 10+ years of Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry including roles with management and business development responsibilities;
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO);
- Completed MTO design projects/contracts as the Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager (preferred);
- Able to work independently as well as in groups with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, project teams, and clients;
- Experience in a range of contract delivery models is an asset (eg. Design Bid Build, Design/Build, P3's, Early Contractor Involvement);
- Experience with all aspects of urban and rural highway and freeway design (e.g. alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, CPS, Q-Sheets, documents, constructability);
- Understanding of traffic engineering principles;
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines;
- Implement corporate QA/QC as well as Environmental Health and Safety practices/requirements, while meeting client expectation/requirements;
- Familiarity with Ontario's regulatory environment and experience with approval process;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Company: WSP Canada Inc. #LI-NW1
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.