In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager (Pipeline Integrity) to join our Geomatics department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for providing Project Management expertise to the Surveying activities.
- Work closely with the client Project Managers, Project Engineers, Landman and administrators to ensure project is initiated in a timely manner and the priorities are aligned.
- Liaise with team regarding the field surveying, priority setting and issuing of the final survey plans.
- Work closely with and coordinate survey crews to maximize production and quality.
- Plan checking of survey plans and access maps.
- Ensure all client and WSP safety requirements are met.
- Ensure consistent WSP quality standards on all work performed.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Track project to ensure surveys are completed and delivered on time
- Ensure that survey plans are distributed to the appropriate people according to Document Control submittals.
- Approving daily field and office LEM's
- Project invoicing
- Project cost reporting and cost management
- Knowledge of pipeline alignment sheets and construction drawings.
- Ontario Legal survey knowledge would be an asset
- Working with GIS to build access maps and routing
- Conduct field safety audits.
- A degree in Geomatics Engineering considered an asset;
- Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS) license considered an asset;
- 5+ years of experience at the professional level;
- Strong business development, survey, project management and financial management background;
- Exceptional people management skills and relationship building skills;
- Experience in the provision of geomatics services and the management of geomatics projects;
- Excellent communication, organizational and management skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leaderships skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities;
- Willingness and ability to travel to sites within the GTA.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.