2019 Bell Business Markets Grad Program, Application Developer, Atlantic
Bell Aliant in New Minas, NS
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the application developer will have the opportunity to work with architect and various information technology, network and business operations subject matter experts and analyze the need for the corporation and its customers. You will be welcomed within a very positive and results oriented team. This is an excellent challenge and opportunity for a motivated individual who wants to work in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
As part of the Bell Transformation team, application developer will be responsible for designing and implementing technology solutions for internal customers within Bell Business Markets and supporting important programs defined by architects and business analysts.
Why join us?
- Grow the knowledge, skills, network, and breadth of experience needed to become the next generation of leaders at Bell
- Get a "head start" in the organization through a program that operates in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, focusing on innovation and allowing you to apply your technical training to real life business issues
- Learn, grow and bond with other program grads at off-site events
- Designs solutions in accordance with enterprise leading practices and design principles
- Assists in the collection and documentation of solution design requirements
- Builds and test code including integration and unit testing
- Analyzes and resolves software issues where required
- Participates in peer review of solution designs
- Supports business process owners during user acceptance testing
- Identifies and communicates risks associated with development opportunities
- Supports investigation and remediation of production level issues
- Supports production deployments processes and performance testing
- Bachelor's level degree in Information technology, Computer science, Software engineering, or Computer engineering, completed by the position start date
- General understanding of IT standards, network concepts (OSI model, basic network principles, etc.), and hardware / hosting platforms
- Knowledge of business process modeling and reengineering
- Awareness of standard SDLC processes (e.g., agile, waterfall, etc.) and change control disciplines
- Ability to blend business analysis with technical skillset to develop efficient processes
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- Good knowledge of software architecture patterns & practices
- Strong development competence with at least one of following object-oriented languages (C#, .Net, Java, Python)
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong analytical skills
- Autonomy & focus. Ability to get the things done and cut through the noise
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines & work under pressure
- Client-oriented and team oriented
- Creative, innovative and curious with quick learning ability and desire to learn
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: September 30, 2018, 11:59PM, EST.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax