Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Barganing
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 2, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The employee will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the exercise programs for patients with cardiovascular disease or lung disease. Responsibilities will consist of preparing and supervising exercise sessions; provide educational classes on the exercise and prepare the necessary materials. Additional responsibilities include monitoring the patient's response to exercise (heart rate, blood pressure, saturation, RPE, and ECG interpretation) and making adjustments to exercise programs as needed, supervising trainees in kinesiology and promoting the program. The work also includes participation in the planning and implementation of program activities. The kinesiologist assumes all other job related duties in accordance with to the needs of the service.
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology;
- Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist with the ACSM or commitment to obtain within 1 year;
- Active member of the New Brunswick Kinesiology Association;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Sense of leadership and motivation;
- Analytical, synthesizing and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to foster helping relationships;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Following personal qualities: sound judgment, initiative and creativity, and adaptation to change
- Discretion and confidentiality in previous job;
- Sustained interest in improving one's knowledge.
- Recognized teaching, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
NOTE: Salary according to provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment