Financial Analyst, Logistics & Supply Chain
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 43122
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We have a full-time opportunity for a Financial Analyst, Logistics & Supply Chain to join our National Finance department. This role has the option to be based out of our office in Stellarton, NS or Calgary, AB.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Perform moderately complex analysis using critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts in a specific area related to operational reporting, budgeting, planning and performance
- Put forward suggestions to improve functional areas processes
- Provide excellent level of customer service to all levels of the business
- Assist in forecasting, targeting, and budgeting process
- Assist in development of performance analysis
- Prepare standardized reporting requests
- Prepare various analytical reports as necessary
- Communicate effectively with functional area managers and employees
- Analyze capital investment opportunities as required
- Create and maintain budget, proforma and/or reporting templates
- Perform required administrative tasks which may include running SAP reports, participating in meetings, and responding to phone and e-mail messages
- Maintain various reporting requirements
- Perform account reconciliations and account analysis
- Work with the National Operations and other Finance Teams to identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Adhere to GAAP/IFRS, Sobeys Accounting Standards & policies and CEO/ CFO Certification requirements
- Develop and manage various reports using various software platforms including but not limited to SAP, Khalix, BMR, and BW
- Communicate with Operational and Finance Teams
- Special projects as assigned
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Relevant post secondary education (Diploma or Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, etc.)
- 2-4 years relevant experience in Accounting/Finance
- High intermediate/Expert level Excel skills - compiling and tracking data with the ability to drive insights from data
- Proficient in GAAP/IFRS
- Familiarity with Business Case Methodology
- Ability to multi-task and to modify priorities
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Experience in a team driven environment
- Proven time management, organization, prioritization, and multi tasking skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Experience in SAP, Khalix, and other ad-hoc systems
- Completion of or working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA - CA, CGA, CMA)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.