Network System Analyst
The Network System Analyst, reporting to the Manager, IT Operations Optimization, is accountable for the delivery of network solutions through the adherence to ALC's published processes. The Network System Analyst is accountable for maintaining network documentation sets, and administration and oversight of Atlantic Lottery's network environments. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, designing, approving designs, and/or directing design requirements for networks, network devices, security systems, network configuration management, and performance monitoring and maintenance.
- Assess, plan and direct future of network transformation and evolution, and integration of future systems into ALC's networks
- Plan, deliver and maintain systems and network designs to meet ALC business and architectural requirements.
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge and technical expertise of ALC's networks and firewalls.
- Manage and direct ALC's network vendors with respect to network design and integration of solutions into ALC's networks
- Plan hardware refreshes and ensure adequate hardware and software resources to effectively accommodate current and future production requirements
- Responsible for optimizing the performance and resource utilization of all ALC networks.
- Work with members of the operations and architecture teams to support the evolution of the networks as business requirements evolve.
- Plan and design Firewall and intrusion detection systems. Provide technical expertise for breach assessment, while working closely with the Information Security team.
- Evaluate OS and layered software revision levels and recommends upgrades where required to manage the life cycle of ALC networking systems, including wireless.
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting design documents, diagrams and implementation plans and network management systems.
- Devise strategy for network integrity, redundancy, and availability.
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis, root cause analysis as required in production and non-production environments.
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- 7+ years of experience in a medium sized progressive environment
- Experience in working with complex network environments including multiple firewalls, routers, switching, authentication, wireless, site to site and client VPN, and network management tools.
- Certifications in the applicable technologies including (but not limited to CCNP, CCDP, CCIE)
- The ideal candidate will be an organized, efficient and skilled problem solver.
- The candidate will be engaged and enjoy working in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Requires the ability to lead initiatives, provide technical direction and interact with a range of technically skilled people (and skill levels).
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively, develop and present designs and discuss technical recommendations.
- The ability to lift and move devices is also required.
Work With Us
We are transforming the gaming industry through responsible, engaging and innovative products. We are looking for IT professionals to join us in this exciting mission. We deliver leading-edge technology solutions and solve complex business problems in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
Join us and be part of a company that cares about employees' health, wellness and development. Working in a team environment, we offer a competitive salary, relevant training and flexible benefits. Feel proud about making our Atlantic region a better place - 100% of our profits stay in the area, supporting social programs and making this a better place to live.
Please note that this position replaces the Sr. Network Administrator posting. If you previously applied for that posting, your application will be considered under this competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.