Senior Analytics Application Developer
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 42324
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Postal Code: b2g3a3
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analytics Application Developer to join the Development CoE (Merchandising & Finance) team in Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
As a key member of the IT team reporting to the Manager, Development (Merchandising and Finance), you will be responsible for understanding requirements, designing and documenting a proposed solution, and then delivering the solution within our Systems Development Life Cycle framework. You will be involved in a blend of project-based development and on-going support for existing applications.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Support the management of the System Development Life Cycle for large-scale projects or multiple medium to small projects spanning multiple platforms or solutions consisting of complex conversions, integration and / or new development.
- Identify functional and technical solutions to meet requirements.
- Ensure the development of detailed functional, technical and operational specifications for delivery of recommended solutions.
- Translate user requirements into solution design for development and implementation of business technology solutions.
- Assist management in adoption of tools and technology, methodologies and innovations to achieve improvements in the delivery of solution development / system support.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT and team standards and quality software delivery practices.
- Provide accurate estimates from analysis and design specifications for yourself and other team members to work on.
- Assist management in identifying project delivery risks and participate in the delivery of the mitigation and contingency plans/solutions for those risks.
- Assist management in the development of the solution delivery strategy for the project or delivery activity.
- Capture and define technical and operational requirements for solutions.
- Provide expert knowledge of a particular architecture and can discuss how the solution's specific features, characteristics, functionality and design will meet business requirements.
- Assist Business Analyst(s) in organizational and process change decisions for the adoption and implementation of delivered solution.
- Maintain industry knowledge on technology/business solutions and future trends.
- Ensure solutions comply with application support requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of IT application standards for design, development and support of IT solutions.
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct before solution or changes are implemented into production.
- Ensure management is informed of progress, status and issues of delivery team activities.
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing and configuring within SAP Business Warehouse (BW).
- Minimum of 2 years experience in SAP BW version 7.4 (on HANA) or later, which would include advanced knowledge of advanced DSOs, composite providers, and open ODS views.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in HANA modeling, which would include advanced knowledge of calculation views, analytic views, and attribute views.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in SAP Business Objects, with a focus on administration within the CMC and system performance tuning.
- Advanced knowledge of data extraction tools, including SAP SLT, SDI/SDA, and ODP.
- Advanced knowledge of report development within Business Explorer (BEx).
- Related university degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with agile and lean methodologies.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong experience in software engineering and solution delivery methodologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong experience in working with business in leveraging technology to meet business goals and requirements
- Flexible and adaptable in learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong team leadership skills and work ethic.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and focused.
- Keen attention to detail.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.