Compliance Officer – Fredericton office
The Financial and Consumer Services Commission (FCNB) is the regulator for insurance, consumer affairs, credit unions, co-operatives, loans and trust companies, pensions and securities. We are a source of information for consumers to promote understanding of financial decisions and how to be an informed consumer. The FCNB is an independent crown corporation funded by the regulatory fees paid by industry.
We offer opportunities for dedicated professionals to play a vital role in carrying out our mandate.
Compliance Officer - Fredericton office
We are seeking an experienced professional to act as Compliance Officer in our Financial Institutions Division.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Institutions, the Compliance Officer (Risk-Based Supervision) will work with a team of other professionals to examine, monitor, and assess the financial soundness, business strategies, and risk profile of financial institutions. This includes evaluating inherent risks of business functions, including credit risk, market risk, operational risk and strategic risk. As a Compliance Officer, your responsibilities include reviewing financial statements, regulatory reports, budget, business models, governance frameworks, macro-economic drivers, and significant activities of an institution in order to maintain updated and accurate risk profiles for financial institutions in New Brunswick. For Credit Unions this includes manage/mitigate risk to depositor/member funds and the guarantee/insurance fund.
The position is responsible for verifying compliance with applicable legislation and contributing to the maintenance of leading-edge supervisory review programs through research and development.
You possess excellent oral and written communications skills in both official languages, strong analytical and detail oriented skills. You are able to work independently as well as in a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related field and a CPA accounting designation;
- 3+ year's progressively responsible experience in accounting/auditing/financial analysis/business advisory/internal audit/risk management.
- Capable of taking the lead on complex assignments;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Skilled at expressing issues in plain language;
- Willingness to travel throughout the province.
Preference may be given to applicants that have:
- Experience specializing in one or more of the following functions: corporate governance, credit risk management, capital and liquidity management, market risk, operational/compliance risk, financial and business analysis, treasury, corporate strategy and enterprise risk management.
- Knowledge of the legislation and other regulatory information related to Insurance, credit unions , cooperatives and loans and trust companies;
- Experience preparing professional documentation including reports, briefing notes and presentations to Senior Management Teams and Boards.
- Experience in database management and advanced Excel skills.
The Financial and Consumer Services Commission offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge. If you are interested in being a key part of this team, please forward your résumé and covering letter to:
Financial and Consumer Services Commission
ATTN: Human Resources Officer
For more information about this position please visit our website at www.fcnb.ca or call the Human Resources Officer at (506) 643-7858.