Early Childhood Education Teacher/ Teachers aid
Anticipated start date: August 27, 2018
Montessori Dieppe stands out as a great educational alternative to daycare for children ages 2 to 6 who participate in our kindergarten and Casa programs. In September 2015, we introduced a new after-school program for school-aged children (up to 12 years old) in which we assist students with their homework and introductions some educational work using the Montessori method.
We are located at 299 Champlain Street in Dieppe and welcome families from Greater Moncton who are looking for a warm, educational, and family atmosphere for their child.
We are looking for candidates to fill various positions that have been opened:
- Part time with our After School group (4 to 12 years)
- Teacher / teacher's assistant full-time (2-6 years)
Some responsibilities include welcoming our students, preparing and presenting learning activities (preschool and school), supporting students in their homework and learning, communicating student achievement in a positive way to their parents, ensuring the classroom is clean, inviting and well equipped with school materials.
Our pleasant work environment, as well as our teachers and our dedicated administrative team will support you in your role as a teacher. While using the Montessori method, a strategic development curriculum, and good classroom management, you will instill a joy of learning in children and encourage them to strive for excellence in everything they do. For more information on Montessori Dieppe, please visit our website at: www.montessoridieppe.org.
- University degree (preferably in education) or certificate in Early Childhood Education.
- Criminal record check, Social Development check, valid first aid training certificate, and medical certificate.
- Be dedicated to the well-being and education of every child;
- Be open to learn and follow the Montessori teaching method;
- Communication in French and English with students, parents, and colleagues;
- Be proactive, flexible, patient and reliable (good attendance);
- Be diplomatic, professional and have appropriate attire and appearance;
- Be creative, enthusiastic, dynamic and positive at all times;
- Ability to multitask, quickly apply changes of priorities and work off-hours as needed;
- Ability to manage a class or group of young children (maintain order);
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Bilingual- English and French
- Experience in the field of education.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in person to the following address or email.
3-299 Champlain St.
Dieppe, NB E1A 1P2