Registered Nurse (Temporary Full Time), Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33808 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, TEMP: August 31, 2018 to September 30, 2019. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
To provide expertise in the care of the critically ill adult patient utilizing the nursing process and in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team under the direction of the unit manager or delegate.
- Nurse - registered in the Province of New Brunswick
- Recent ICU nursing experience or a Critical Care Course accepted by Horizon Health Network
- Advanced physical assessment skills
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process
- Commitment to continuing education
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with patients, families, other departments and the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates initiative, accountability, and good judgement
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates accountability
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required.
- Assesses the health care needs of patients including patients assigned to non-professional staff.
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool.
- Identifies needs affecting discharge planning and any potential services required at home.
- Formulates objectives specific to the patient needs.
- Provides health teaching, counseling, health promotion to individuals or groups.
- Provides nursing care required to achieve the patient's desired outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship.
- Supports new employees during orientation.
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff.
- Interacts with the unit manager/charge nurse in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating changes.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development.
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing unit.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33808-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.