Human Resources Advisor (Permanent Full Time), Human Resources
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33793 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Advisor
CLASSIFICATION: Non Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $22.49 to $39.49 ( Pay Band 3-5)
- To provide customer-focused, proactive direction, knowledge and tools to managers; thus, fostering a positive, safe, high-performing, and equitable work team.
- To coach managers in the prevention or diffusion of situations that could cause conflict or disrespect.
- The HRA works effectively within a matrix reporting structure reporting to the Senior Human Resources Advisor, taking professional direction from other Human Resources staff, and Regional Directors as appropriate while participating as a member of the Human Resources team.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation or equivalent
- 3-5 years of progressive experience
- Problem solving, critical thinking and negotiating skills
- Commitment to the creation and maintenance of a positive working environment
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with all internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Mature team disposition including working with others towards shared vision and taking direction from multiple Directors in a matrix environment
- Positive approach to change and development, including personal development.
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office, Meditech, Microsoft Outlook.
- (Equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered)
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application**
- Coach, mentor and support managers to build capacity in the functional areas of Human Resources such as;
- Recruitment, staffing, selection and on-boarding
- Performance management and staff development
- Health and safety, disability and attendance management
- Employee relations and labour management issues
- Relationship management; interpretation of terms of employment; etc.
- Lead or assist in the development of standard procedures and toolkits for managers that will assist them in performing management duties and executing human resource functions as listed above.
- Lead or assist in the development and consistent application of standard HR policies and practices and ensure communication of such.
- Educate and advise managers in respect to adherence to federal and provincial government regulations including Occupational Health and Safety, Employment Standards Act, New Brunswick Human Rights Act, Official Languages Act, and Public Service Labour Relations Act.
- Provide contract interpretation and advice on administration of collective agreements, labour laws and regulations, labour issues, strikes, etc… as appropriate.
- Foster a positive labour environment with union representatives and participate in union/management meetings.
- Assist managers with gap analysis to attain required competency levels, staffing and successful planning. Communicate employee development opportunities to close these gaps.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of current workplace safety policies and practices to support a culture of safety. Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Analytical Thinking
- Influencing Others
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 22, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-33793-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.