Registered Nurse Class A (Permanent Part Time), SJRH Cardiac
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33932 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH Cardiac
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.6, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
- To provide case management support for the New Brunswick Heart Centre patient population.
- To provide RN support in Electrodiagnostics for specialized procedures
- To provide Access management support
- Minimum 3 yrs. Cardiovascular surgery nursing experience
- 5 yrs. Equivalent combination of general surgery and coronary care nursing experience.
- Nurse registered in province of New Brunswick.
- 12- lead ECG interpretation required
- Current CPR certification.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced assessment & decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent previous work and attendance record.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both official languages. Provincial testing is mandatory.
- Effective patient/caregiver teaching skills.
- Comfortable working in evolving technical environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, staff, physician and the
- general public.
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients.
- Commitment to continuing education.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
- Responsible for all aspects of home monitoring services.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of protocols as needed.
- Provide health teaching, counseling, health promotion to individuals and groups.
- Competently facilitate telehealth sessions by giving sound nursing guidance as well as technical support as required.
- Responsible for equipment inventory for all Telehealth equipment.
- Maintain cardiovascular nursing standards and knowledge base, continuing to develop technical computer expertise.
- Maintain monthly statistics including regional involvement and patient referrals, adverse events and/or hospital readmission.
- Participate in weekly cardiac surgery rounds.
- Support other NBHC case management needs including NBHC Access and clinic as required.
- Provide RN support in Electro-diagnostics for NBHC patient population as required.
- Responsible for assigned tasks that may include assisting with Heart Center Nursing duties.
- Assume charge responsibilities for the telehealth group.
- Assist with the collection of ongoing research data as deemed necessary, while evaluating modalities.
- Liaise with members of the multi-disciplinary team as required to ensure adequate transitional care.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33932-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.