Patient Care Attendant 2 (Temporary Part Time), Nursing Office
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-32799 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Office
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Patient Care Attendant 2
CLASSIFICATION: Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.4, TEMP: July 31, 2018 to May 10, 2019. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $19.9323 to $21.4551 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
The Patient Care Attendant 2 is responsible for assisting with the delivery of patient care
- High school graduation plus a patient care program/course of at least six months duration or equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Patient Care Attendant 2 is responsible for:
- Assisting with feeding, bathing, and dressing
- Assisting with mobilizing, positioning and transferring patients
- Assisting with walking and other range of motion exercises
- Assisting other health care providers with procedures
- Setting up equipment and supplies for procedures
- Performing delegated patient care tasks
- Portering patients or transporting items
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by July 25, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-32799-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.