Mobile and Emergency mental health nurse (Permanent Full Time), SJRH Psych Mobile ER MH SRV
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33898 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH Psych Mobile ER MH SRV
FACILITY: Saint John Mental Health Services
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Mobile and Emergency mental health nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
The mental health Nurse will carry out a full range of mental health services to clients. This includes providing on and off site assessment, crisis intervention and treatment, liaison with community agencies and other professionals, and consultation and education with various community resources.
The mental health nurse will also be expected to provide discipline-specific expertise within an interdisciplinary team as appropriate.
This position requires the exercise of sound professional judgment, initiative and the ability to work well with other systems.
- Bachelor in Nursing with at least one year direct mental health experience or mental health certificate and one year experience.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of mental health assessment skills
- Demonstrates a desire and ability to participate in client/family teaching
- Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with clients, families, team members and the community.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a rapid paced environment.
- Ability to problem solve and make effective decisions during emergency situations.
- Proven ability to work positively, effectively, and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team and utilizes a collaborative approach in the delivery of care
- Flexibility and willingness to move among the various acute services work settings. (ie. Crisis, emergency, hospital and community intake).
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and problem solving skills with an outstanding client centered approach.
- Valid New Brunswick Drivers licence and the ability to travel throughout the health region.
- Reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment record and references.
- Recent criminal record check.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
- Duties: Demonstrates a strong understanding of mental illness and can appropriately apply crisis intervention and treatment depending upon the needs of clients / family members.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the client as the primary basis for all services and develops and maintains a client centered individual assessment with the client's goals in mind.
- Provision of consultation to other health professionals when appropriate.
- Provision of emergency/crisis intervention/stabilization services across the age continuum.
- Prepares and manages reports, clinical files, and other documentation including electronic files and databases.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, community and volunteer agencies, other government departments and health care professionals.
- Participates in educational services, planning, program development and policy recommendations.
- Participates in case conferences and team meetings with open, transparent sharing of information. Has a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 1, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33898-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.