Nurse Practitioner (Permanent Full Time), Driscoll Unit (Moncton)
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33584 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: Driscoll Unit (Moncton)
FACILITY: Driscoll Unit (Moncton)
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
CLASSIFICATION: RNCD Registered Nurse Class D
LANGUAGE: English essential with requirement to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Weekends, Statutory Holidays, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $42.91 to $52.21 per hour
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides comprehensive and accessible primary health care services, illness/injury prevention, chronic disease management and community development services, using a population health approach within an interdisciplinary team of health providers. The service model is based on the principles of primary health care with the primary goal of supporting communities in meeting their health care needs. The NP provides direct primary care in Community Health Centre (CHC), Health Centre and collaborative practice settings, as well as outreach sites and may participate in the development and implementation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community. The NP provides direct care to scheduled and unscheduled patients across the lifespan with a variety of health conditions and socioeconomic factors. The NP evaluates patient outcomes, provides consultation to and consults with other team members. The NP is accountable for the established benchmarks within the NP accountability guidelines and professional practice standards.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing and successful completion of a postgraduate Nurse Practitioner program in Primary Health Care (Master's level Nurse Practitioner program preferred)
- 5 years of nursing experience including recent experience working as a NP in a CHC or Health Centre or Collaborative practice within the last 2 years
- Registration with NANB as a Nurse Practitioner Current BCLS certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge in caring for clients across the health continuum and throughout the client's lifespan.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills and ability to adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other members of a team toward common goals.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in the role with recognized decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyze theory and research literature and apply to practice.
- Demonstrate ability to integrate a determinants of health and harm reduction approaches into care delivery
- Demonstrated ability to provide a non-judgmental recovery based approach with identified population at risk.
- Good work and attendance record.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to travel throughout the region as required.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application**
Health Assessment and Diagnosis
- Completes a comprehensive health assessment.
- Orders, obtains, performs and interprets diagnostic and laboratory screening tests in accordance to schedules "A" and "B" of the NANB Nurse Practitioner Schedules for Ordering.
- Establishes a diagnosis.
- Initiates appropriate treatment plan in collaboration with the patient/client and other team members as indicated.
- Therapeutic Management of Acute and Chronic Conditions
- Demonstrates knowledge of current best-practice guidelines for the delivery of care.
- Prescribes, adjusts and renews medications in accordance to Schedule
- "C" of the NANB Nurse Practitioner Schedules for Ordering.
- Monitors, evaluates and alters therapies and/or treatments as appropriate.
- Patients are managed with appropriate consultations as needed with a collaborative primary care physician
- Initiates timely referral or collaboration with other team members, as indicated.
- Health Promotion and Prevention of Illness and Injury
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of health promotion services and facilitates primary, secondary and tertiary prevention strategies for all patients/clients.
- Incorporates risk reduction and disease and injury prevention strategies for all patients/clients.
- As part of the interdisciplinary team, participates in the development and implementation of community/population health interventions as required.
- Professional Responsibility and Accountability:
- Maintains the competencies as outlined in the NANB Standards of Practice for Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioners.
- Are accountable and measured against standardized provincial benchmarks and regional health authority accountability guidelines for NP's in CHC, Health Centre and collaborative practice settings.
- Actively participates as a team member to provide comprehensive care to all patients/clients.
- Exemplifies and promotes excellence in advance practice nursing care.
- Utilizes nursing and other research to support clinical knowledge and evidence-based practice.
- Establishes a network of referral sources to accommodate the provision of care to patients/clients. Referral sources are internal and external to the organization.
- Functions as a resource person, preceptor and mentor to Nurse Practitioner students, peers and other health professionals.
- Assumes responsibility for self-directed professional development and participates in professional education activities at the clinic setting.
NOTE: The above are basic and prime responsibilities; related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may become necessary to the operation of the Health Authority.
Please submit a resume with this application.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by on August 1, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-33584-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.