Clerk-Treasurer for the Village of Sussex Corner
The Village of Sussex Corner is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the position of Village Clerk-Treasurer. The incumbent will be responsible to provide administrative leadership and oversee the effective and efficient delivery of municipal services; direct the overall planning, direction, administration and control of all municipal departments and operations in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of the Village.
The Village of Sussex Corner is located in South Central NB and share a beautiful valley with the Town of Sussex. Strategically placed between NB's 3 largest cities; Moncton, Saint John and Fredericton, which makes Sussex Corner our ideal hub for residential living or a commercial entity.
- Direct the development, implementation and administration of strategic objectives, planning priorities, policies and programs in accordance with applicable by-laws, legislation, regulations, and Council direction.
- Attend regular and special Council meetings and record council actions (minutes); prepare agendas and monthly reports for meetings; organize and maintain records of minutes, ordinances, and resolutions.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, memos, letters, minutes, meeting notices, resolutions, and ordinances on behalf of the Village Council and Village.
- Report, as required, to Council on the effectiveness of policies and programs and recommend measures to enhance these to better achieve the objectives of Council.
- Coordinate the information flow between the Council and Village Staff and assists Village departments and council members as needed.
- Oversee and direct senior management and administration staff and provide effective leadership to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure the development, implementation and management of effective human resource management systems, policies, and procedures.
Accounting and Finance
- Manage the investments of the Village funds and provide current status, activity and performance reports to the council.
- Develop annual Village budget, present budget to the Village Council for review and adoption
- Monitor expenditures and receipts; complies with Taxation Laws and all reporting requirements.
- Monitor Cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available.
- Generate financial statements and cash balance fund reports for the Village council.
- Work with auditors at year-end audit. Generate reports and present all financial data as required for the audit.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, accounting or a related municipal field.
- A minimum of five to seven years of management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of management practices and principles, municipal operations and legislation.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to manage change and direct multiple employees (union and non-union).
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills to interact with Council, Committees, senior government officials, management staff, and members of the public.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and negotiation skills in a complex environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and formal presentation skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of municipal finance and treasury duties as well as the ability to communicate that knowledge to Council, citizens and governmental agencies.
- Excellent computer skills with the capacity to promptly learn new computer software programs relevant to the proper management of the municipality.
The compensation package for this position will be within a competitive range and commensurate with the successful candidate's qualifications and experience.
The Chapman Group is pleased to be managing this recruit. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Judy Van Tassel firstname.lastname@example.org. To become a part of the Village of Sussex Corner team, please attach your cover letter and resume, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. The closing date on this posting is August 16th, 2018.
We thank all those who submit an application; only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.