UI UX Specialist
UI UX Specialist
Pay Band 6
The Treasury Board's Office of the Chief Information Officer Division has a career opportunity for a User Interface / User Experience (UI / UX) specialist to work in support of digital transformation projects outlined in GNB's recently released Digital NB strategy. Join our dynamic, progressive team of information technology and technology management professionals in an environment in which you can learn, grow, create and support innovative strategies to help the Government of New Brunswick (GNB) deliver on its new transformational business objectives.
Reporting through to GNB's Chief Digital Office, while working in a fast paced, iterative and agile environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following.
Communicate, Facilitate, and Collaborate:
- Provide strategic advice and direction to GNB on the adoption and implementation of new transformational technologies that will enhance and support GNB goals and objectives;
- Promote and communicate the use of best practices in user centric design to GNB's IT and business leaders throughout the organization;
- Explaining your ideas, designs and UX best practices in order to successfully influence, motivate and inspire stakeholders
- Facilitate brainstorming and story boarding exercises for ideation to drive and determine the direction for designs
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction for the development of best practices and policies around user interface design, user experience, user centric design in the development of digital services, while supporting GNB's desire to enable transformation;
- Analyze the technology industry and market trends in the area of UI / UX to determine potential impact on the GNB enterprise.
- Conduct and analyze qualitative and quantitative user research, including focus groups, interviews, and surveys
- Understand and explain complex technologies in order to provide high-level and in-depth subject matter expertise to the enterprise in the areas of user interface design and user experience.
- Act as a subject matter expert to oversee and consult on new transformational projects being driven from the Digital NB strategy - offering advice on User interface and User experience from a best practice and application design perspective;
- Participate with a team of transformationalist to assess, review, gather requirements and design new digital services based on client insights for the Province of New Brunswick; while championing best practices for citizen centric design
- Translating broad ideas, business and functional requirements, and wireframe concepts into user flows, design flows, personas, usage scenarios, prototypes and elegant user interfaces
- Conduct visual design QA and communicate issues to QA and technology
The successful candidate must possess:
- Master's degree in Business Administration / Design / Computer Science (or related discipline).
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in application development having worked with the following technologies: cloud based solutions, mobile application development, .net development, user centric design, and user interface design and implementation.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Design / Computer Science (or related discipline).
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive work experience in application development having worked with the following technologies: cloud based solutions, mobile application development, .net development, user centric design, and user interface design and implementation
- A 2-year college diploma in Business Administration / Design / Computer Science (or related discipline).
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience in application development having worked with the following technologies: cloud based solutions, mobile application development, .net development, user centric design, and user interface design and implementation.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Preference may be given to candidates that possess one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Exceptional visual design skills to create impactful and easy-to-use interfaces and flows.
- Experience with design concepts and direction with end-users, customers, product managers and developers.
- Strong digital portfolio with examples of mobile, web or software design
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies: Client Service Orientation, Effective Interactive Communication, Relationship/ Network Building, Results Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, and Strategic Thinking.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge, Written Communication, and Knowledge of Group Facilitation.
Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Salary: $2,463 to $3,278 bi-weekly.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line no later than July 25, 2018 indicating competition number: 18-TB-21. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 453-5204
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!