Information Access and Privacy Advisor
Information Access and Privacy Advisor
Pay Band 3
The Treasury Board's Office of the Chief Information Officer has career opportunities for Information Access and Privacy Advisors to work in support of a centralized Information Access and Privacy Services Unit. Join our dynamic, progressive team of information and privacy professionals in an environment in which employees can learn, grow, create and support innovative strategies to help the Government of New Brunswick (GNB) deliver on its new transformational business objectives.
Reporting to the Manager, Access to Information, the Information Access and Privacy (IAP) Advisors are responsible for the administration of requests to access information under the Right to information and Protection of Privacy Act (RTIPPA) on behalf of government departments. The IAP Advisors have essential roles in managing the complete access to information process as outlined in RTIPPA. The IAP Advisors also assist Client Departments in managing privacy complaints and privacy breaches and provide expertise, facilitation and training services to them as needed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Prepare and Deliver
- Manage all RTIPPA requests for Client Departments in accordance with policies, procedures and legislation by monitoring timelines, interpreting and applying RTIPPA and other legislative requirements, researching relevant cases, making recommendations on disclosure of information requested and other matters through all stages of the formal request process.
- Contribute to overall operations of the Program by assisting the Manager, Director and other members of the team.
Communicate and Collaborate
- Assist Applicants in exercising their access to information rights by clarifying the information the Applicant seeks to request and redirecting requests to the appropriate public body.
- Consult with third parties (e.g. businesses, other individuals, other governments) on RTIPPA requests for information about them.
- Represent Client Departments at reviews of departmental decisions under RTIPPA by the Officer of the Integrity Commissioner by providing background information on a Department's position and responding to inquiries.
- Manage client relationships and advise Client Departments on access to information to facilitate compliance with their obligations under RTIPPA.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business / Arts / Information Management (or related discipline).
- Minimum of 4 years progressive background in policy, law, and a good understanding of the electronic environment.
- A 2-year diploma in Business / Administration (or related discipline)
- Minimum of 6 years background in policy, law, and a good understanding of the electronic environment.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Some positions require written and spoken competence in French and English. Others will require written and spoken competence in English only. Please state your language capability
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Preference may be given to candidates that possess the following asset qualification:
- Information Access and Protection of Privacy (IAPP) Certificate
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgement
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge of RTIPPA
- Knowledge of Policy Development and Applicable Department Legislation
- Written Communications and Presentation Skills
- Planning / Organizing Skills
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $1,687 to $2,358 bi-weekly.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line no later than July 26, 2018 indicating competition number: 18-TB-19. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services Phone:
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!