Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 42903
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Human Resources
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a 12 month term opportunity for an Abilities Administrator to join our Human Resources team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Ensure maintenance in all areas of claims administration through utilizing the automated claims reporting software system as well as report and make recommendations necessary to meet the needs of the company
- Complete non-payroll aspects of occupational and non-occupational claims paperwork
- Ensure constant communication with facility managers, customers, vendors and employees, as needed
- Reconcile claims cost for general ledger entry (with Accounting Department)
- Provide support to all members of Health and Safety and Abilities team
- Provide department support including filing, file maintenance storage, data entry, photocopying, faxing and processing mail
- Prepare and forward WCB employer reports and plan sponsor statements for claims in the appropriate provincial jurisdiction and in accordance with benefits provider requirements
- Perform submissions online where applicable and possible
- Scan and enter information into electronic systems (e.g. medical receipts, WCB correspondence)
- Process non-union and union non-occupational claims as required
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of current, relevant WCB legislation or non-occupational illness benefits plan information required to communicate effectively to the appropriate personnel
- Update and prepare statistical data on a monthly basis as needed
- Prepare Policy, Procedure, Department and Training Manuals for mail out
- Update, maintain and extract information from various MS Access databases, as appropriate
- Prepare reports and correspondence as required
- Process medical leave of absence, as determined
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Minimum 3 years related experience in Administration
- Formal administration training, preferred
- Experience under Abilities or Health and Safety functions, preferred
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently, and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines, with a sense of urgency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in MS Access, Medgate, preferred
- Experience in Retail Operations, preferred
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.