Manager, Access to Information
Manager, Access to Information
Pay Band 5
The Treasury Board's Office of the Chief Information Officer has a career opportunity for a Manager, Access to Information to work in support of a centralized Information Access and Privacy Services Unit. Join our dynamic, progressive team of information and privacy professionals in an environment in which you can learn, grow, create and support innovative strategies to help the Government of New Brunswick (GNB) deliver on its new transformational business objectives.
Under the leadership of the Director, the Manager of the Access to Information Program manages a comprehensive corporate access to information program that defines, develops, maintains and implements a framework of policies, processes, practices, resources, governances and oversight to support the New Brunswick Government and local government bodies in upholding legislated rights of access to information in the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (RTIPPA) and other relevant legislation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Lead and Coach:
- Engages and aligns resources under shifting priorities to meet expected RTIPPA targets within time, budget and quality standards;
- Provides leadership, guidance and mentoring for program staff through challenging and appropriate work assignments and actively supporting career advancement; and
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and a productive work environment.
Collaborate and Communicate:
- Collaborates with senior officials in government to effectively manage and process right to information requests received in accordance with RTIPPA and other applicable program legislation;
- Delivers excellent service to client departments, stakeholders and citizens in support of timely and proactive disclosure of information; and
- Supports the Director in providing overall leadership, strategic direction, policy and operational advice, and support services to government to enable compliance with the RTIPPA and other applicable legislation.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business / Arts / Information Management (or related discipline).
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive extensive background in policy, law, records retention, and a good understanding of the electronic environment.
- A 2-year diploma in Business / Administration (or related discipline)
- Minimum of 7 years background in policy, law, records retention and a good understanding of the electronic environment.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Preference may be given to candidates that possess the following asset qualification:
- Information Access and Protection of Privacy (IAPP) Certificate
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communications
- Developing Others and Team Leadership
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Applicable Legislation and the Department's Policies and Procedures
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Knowledge of Conflict Management Practices
- Knowledge of Policy Development Processes.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $2,120 to $2,962 bi-weekly.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line no later than July 26, 2018 indicating competition number: 18-TB-20. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services Phone:
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!