Senior Systems Engineer - Piping
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Piping
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full time staff role based in Halifax NS.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Education Required:Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, Electrical or Mechanical)
- Years of Experience Required:
- 5 years of experience in an Engineering/Programmatic environment within shipbuilding
- 5 years working in a similar role
- Experience with 3D Modeling
- Experience working with classification society requirements or military standards and specifications
- New construction experience with field support an asset
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Comfort with MS Office suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Ownership of assigned technical systems in new construction projects
- Verifying or completing technical solution to arising design issues
- Preparing technical change packages
- Ensuring design products are corrected or updated as required
- Issuing revision notices to change planning to complete work
- Interacting with field engineers, planning and production personnel for design change and implementation collaboration
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: Maccharles.Tracey@jdirving.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.