The Treasury Board's Office of the Chief Information Officer has a career opportunity for a Program Coordinator, to work in support of a centralized Information Access and Privacy Services Unit. Join our dynamic, progressive team of information and privacy professionals in an environment in which you can learn, grow, create and support innovative strategies to help the Government of New Brunswick (GNB) deliver on its new transformational business objectives.
Under the leadership of the Director, Access to Information Program, the Program Coordinator is the primary entry point to the program and contact for Client Departments, the public, other public bodies and stakeholders. This position records, assigns and tracks the status of access to information requests processed by the program on behalf of government departments and agencies and other projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provides first level response to phone, e-mail and letter inquiries regarding the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (RTIPPA) from the public, media, etc.
- Serves as the intake coordinator for all requests for access to information under RTIPPA. Responsible to track, assign and monitor the requests until completion and closing of the file.
- Manages and maintains the program's database or case management system, a function critical to the program operating efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains statistics, produces statistical reports for decision and operational support, updates standard operating procedures and policies, maintains RTIPPA website content, administrative and other duties as assigned.
- Develops and organizes schedules for training, meetings and other events, including determining the venue, registering the applicants for training sessions and preparing/distributing materials.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Two-year post-secondary program (diploma) in business or administration or a related field and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Information Seeking
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Written Communication
- Knowledge of Applicable Legislation and the Department's Policies and Procedures
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $1,592 to $1,933 bi-weekly.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line no later than July 26, 2018 indicating competition number: 18-TB-18. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services Phone:
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!