Service New Brunswick
Edmundston Regional Hospital and Grand Falls General Hospital
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Health Services Division as a Storekeeper 1.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Replenishment and delivery of general inventory supplies.
- Receive, unpack, sorts, and verify shipments against requisitions and/or purchase orders.
- Unload shipments from trucks when required.
- Record, file and maintain documentation of supplies received or delivered in a computerized system.
- Sort, rotate, and shelves supplies.
- Participate in physical inventory counts.
- Prepare packages for internal and external shipments, including specimens.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Show others how to perform tasks or duties as a part of departmental orientation.
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a high school diploma or successful completion of G.E.D.
- Six (6) months of previous related experience.
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Physically able to perform assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated good work performance and attendance record.
- Ability to operate a computer and use various programs.
- Ability to operate electric and manual transporters.
- Ability to function in a changing work environment.
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Hourly Rate: $20.30 - Canadian Union of Public Employees - Local 1190
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here, or by mail before July 26, 2018 indicating competition number 2018-SNB-387. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: (506) 476-7572
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!