Analytics Application Developer
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 42323
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have an opportunity for an Applications Developer to join our ITdepartment based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Identify functional and technical solutions to meet requirements
- Ensure the development of detailed functional, technical and operational specifications for delivery of recommended solutions
- Translate user requirements into solution design for development and implementation of business technology solutions
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT and team standards and quality software delivery practices
- Provide accurate estimates from analysis and design specifications for yourself and other team members to work on
- Capture and define technical and operational requirements for solutions
- Provide expert knowledge of a particular architecture and can discuss how the solution's specific features, characteristics, functionality and design will meet business requirements
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct before solution or changes are implemented into production
- Ensure management is informed of progress, status and issues of delivery team activities
- Code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, documenting, and modifying software and specifications throughout the system development life cycle
- Analyze and amend software to correct errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required
- Determine the most effective program/configuration solution from technical specifications provided by an experienced developer or business analyst
- With assistance, provide estimates for all aspects of work and work to deadline
- Create unit test plans with detailed test cases
- Consistently write and test solutions without errors, to estimate and conform to best practice
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program specifications
- Resolve problems with increasingly less supervision
- Develop or support software application solutions in a project team/task based environment
- Provide user, operational and system documentation for implementation
- Assist senior developers and business analysts in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and systems
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- University degree or equivalent, in related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing within data visualization tools, including Tableau and/or SAP Lumira
- Minimum of 2 years experience designing and developing within a Business Intelligence and Analytics oriented
- Knowledge of SAP BW and SAP HANA, or similar - within this role you will be required to design and develop extensively within BW/HANA
- Strong experience in software engineering and solution delivery methodologies
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Experience with agile and lean methodologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Previous experience working with business in leveraging technology to meet business goals and requirements
- Strong written communication, leadership and presentation skills
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.