Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application
BARGAINING UNIT : PSSS
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Grand Falls
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre - Grand Falls (Adult long terme)
CLASSIFICATION : Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 5 years)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : September 3rd, 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
8h shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of evenings and weekends
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful candidate will participate in the delivery of rehabilitation services within the boundaries of the field of occupational therapy professional practice. Their duties will include working with adults from various backgrounds. The successful candidate will serve the entire territory of the Northwest Zone.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists;
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience;
- Work experience in the mental health field would be an asset;
- Training in prevention and management of suicidal behaviours or obtaining same within set time frame;
- Skills using computer tools;
- Demonstrated sensitivity, empathy and respect;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Effective communication;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership and good decision-making abilities;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Sound clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with the community network;
- High level of professional independence;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment