Project Manager, Municipal Roads - Transportation
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Municipal Transportation department , located at our Ottawa office. Working with the Department Manager this position will be responsible for leading and managing municipal roadway and transit-oriented design projects. WSP are involved in many innovative and #futureready initiatives, come join us!
- Comprehensive management and control of all aspects of assigned projects to achieve the client's prescribed scope, time, cost and quality objectives through the application of formal project management process, techniques, and procedures;
- Plan, execute, and control the project through all phases from initial feasibility through preliminary design/definition, detailed design, construction, commissioning and validation;
- Directing and coordinating the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team (internal staff, external consultants, contractors and suppliers) to achieve the Client's objectives consistent with the scope of services to be provided;
- Assists with staff development, providing input and recommendations related to staff needs, performance and remuneration;
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that the required functions of the project are satisfactorily performed;
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations;
- Clients may be both internal and external to WSP;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University or college degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in the field of road design and construction;
- Professional designation and/or PMP certification is an asset;
- Minimum of eight years demonstrated experience with project management or senior engineering responsibilities;
- Experienced in report and proposal writing;
- Experience in AutoCAD, Microstation and InRoads or Civil 3D software will set you apart from your peer group;
- Experienced in project management on municipal road and/or transit design projects (including LRT) ;
- Experience within an engineering consulting environment is preferred;
- Experience in urban mobility and/or highway design will set you apart from your peer group;
- Strong leadership, negotiation, communication and customer relationship skills are essential;
- Familiarity with City of Ottawa , NCC , TAC and OPS standards and guidelines will be an asset;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc. #LI-NW1