RNCA (Permanent Full Time), Oncology Clinic
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33634 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: Oncology Clinic
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: Bilingual Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Participate in the planning and giving of total nursing care to meet the individual needs of patients in the Oncology Clinic Department in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the hospital and the Nursing Department.
- Current registration as a practicing member of the Nurses' Association of New Brunswick.
- Physically capable of performing assigned duties.
- Good previous work and attendance record.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support Course and recertified yearly as a condition of continuing employment.
- Certified in IV Therapy in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Certified in central line maintenance.
- Must be able to work: Rotating shifts as assigned, including weekends and holidays
- Throughout the year.
- Demonstrated good public relation capabilities.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and Health Authority Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patient, business, financial and employee information is accessed on an as need to know basis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful situations and set priorities.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English and French required.
UNIT SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Oncology / Outpatient Clinics:
- Must have at least 5 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Successful completion of Oncology Certification
- 3 years of recent, ongoing experience in the administration of chemotherapy in an Oncology setting.
- Physical Assessment Course required.
- Current certification in Central Line Accessing and Maintenance (Hickman, Ports, P.I.C.C.).
- Completion of cardiac Monitoring Course/Arrhythmia Course required, with minimum of two years recent (in the last 5 years) experience in cardiac monitor interpretation. The employer reserves the right to administer an exam to determine such qualifications
- Must be capable of rotating through all Outpatient Clinics as required
- Must successfully complete required certifications for medically delegated functions specific to Outpatient Clinics as required. (Advancement of Scope, Laser Certification, etc.)
- Must be competent in the administration of blood products (blood, platelets, immune globulin, etc.).
- Previous experience in the preparation and recovery of patients having procedures requiring conscious sedation.
- Previous experience participating in and/or assisting physicians with complex procedures required.
- Previous experience in an Outpatient setting is desirable.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by July 25, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-33634-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network