RNCA (Permanent Full Time), MHMI LT SRVS
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33628 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: MHMI LT SRVS
FACILITY: Miramichi Addiction and Mental Health Services
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to 39.57 per hour
The successful candidate will provide a full range of community psychiatric nursing services to adults with various mental health and addictions problems while working as part of a multidisciplinary team. The work involves working with Addictions and Mental Health clients individually and in groups. Assessment, diagnosis, treatment, counseling, intervention, case and resource management are expectations for this position. The successful candidate requires sound professional judgment and initiative. The development and maintenance of effective working relationships with clients, families, fellow staff, and community partners along with the general public is an important part of this function. This position may be reallocated within the department as required. Performs other duties as assigned. Access to a vehicle and proper vehicle insurance is required as travel within the region is involved in this position.
- A Bachelor of Nursing Degree with 1 year of recent mental health experience from a recognized School of Nursing. Completion of a post-graduate certificate in mental health or confirmed registration in a post-graduate mental health certificate within six (6) months of hire;
- Active registration with NANB;
- Demonstrated assessment skills and ability to function independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities, and complex patient care need;
- Good communication, interpersonal and team building skills;
- The candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Verification prior to appointment;
- Proof of valid Driver's License and access to a vehicle;
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis;
- Ability to perform the duties of the position;
- Good work record;
- Written and spoken competence in English required
** A resume (CV) is required as part of the application**
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the client as the primary basis for all services and develops and maintains client centered individual assessment with the client's recovery goals in mind.
- Development and implementation of individualized treatment plans and coordination of services for clients.
- Provision of consultation to other health professionals when appropriate.
- Provision of emergency/crisis intervention/stabilization services.
- Prepares and manages reports, clinical files and other documentation including electronic files and databases.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, community and volunteer agencies, other government departments, and health care professionals.
- Develops and facilitates therapeutic group activities for clients and/or family members when appropriate.
- Participates in educational services.
- Participates in case conferences and team meetings with open, transparent sharing of information. Has a strong sense of collaboration and team work.
- Community Orientation
- Decision Making
- Group Facilitation
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Presenting Information
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by July 25, 2018
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-33628 External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.