Service New Brunswick
Pay Band 3
Moncton, Saint John, Fredericton
Service New Brunswick is seeking qualified candidates to fill current and future opportunities with the Health Services Division in the Strategic Procurement Branch as Category Specialists.
Reporting to the Category Manager, the Category Specialist serves as one of the main points-of-contact for request for proposal, quotation, and information on procurement strategy and contract management within their assigned area(s) for Service New Brunswick, Health Services Division. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Using an integrated, proactive approach to develop and manage contracts.
- Ability to conduct sourcing initiatives and manage cross-functional teams.
- Lead and manage the request for proposals process in accordance with all applicable Procurement laws, including New Brunswick Procurement Act, for capital equipment, consumables and services.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a post-secondary education of four (4) years in Business Administration and two (2) years of related experience, including direct experience in contract management. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Experience with supplier relationship management.
Some positions require written and spoken competence in English and French while other positions require written and spoken competence in English only.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) certification.
- Public procurement experience.
- Possess strong facilitation negotiation, conflict-management, financial and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, control and coordinate a variety of activities in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong understanding of the health industry and marketplace.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: This position may require some travelling within the province therefore candidates must possess a valid New Brunswick driver's license and have their own means of transportation.
Salary : $43,446 - $60,684 annually - Pay Band 3 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here, or by mail before August 30, 2018, indicating competition number 2017-SNB-651. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: (506) 476-7572
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!