Departmental Information Security Officer
Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour
Departmental Information Security Officer
(Pay Band 5)
The Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour is seeking an individual to join the Information Management and Technology branch as Departmental Information Security Officer working in Fredericton.
As a member of the Information Management and Technology Services branch, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- develop/implement/monitor/enforce Departmental Security policies, standards, and procedures;
- manage the Department's Security Incident process; ensure compliance with the Government Information Systems Security Policy;
- help clients manage program risk profile and conduct annual Departmental Security Health Checks;
- conduct Threat Risk Assessments on new and existing information systems; perform penetration testing and subsequent analysis;
- participate in Privacy Impact Assessments on new and existing information systems and represent the Department on various committees and working groups, including the Departmental Information Security Officers working group.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in an Information Technology discipline and a minimum of five (5) years related experience; or a two (2) year diploma in an Information Technology discipline and seven (7) years related experience. A working knowledge of information systems security and the ability to apply this knowledge is required. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
In the event that this competition poses difficulties in recruiting, candidates with less than five (5) years of experience may be considered at a salary commensurate with their experience.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate one of more of the following asset qualifications:
- Certification(s) in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL);
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certifications in Technology and/or Security (e.g. CompTIA, Microsoft and Cisco)
Subject to the response of this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Results Orientation;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Relationship/Network Building;
- Strategic Thinking;
- Information Seeking
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Information Systems Security;
- Knowledge of Auditing (e.g. Information Systems Security Processes and Controls);
- Knowledge of Research Methodologies, Principles and Practices;
- Written Communication
- Presentation Skills.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $55,120 to $77,012 per annum
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address, indicating the competition number: Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour, Human Resource Services, 500 Beaverbrook Court, Suite 100, P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB, E3B 5H1. THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Telephone: (506) 453-8231
Fax: (506) 457-6750
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competition Number: 18-6200-026
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!