Administrative Assistant (ASL 3)
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the Tourism Division.
As a member of the Tourism Division, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide administrative support to the Division. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare, proofread, format and track correspondence;
- Coordinate meetings, prepare agendas and take minutes;
- Provide telephone and receptionist duties for the branches and telephone services for the department;
- Screen all incoming calls and forward to the appropriate staff as well as answering public inquiries;
- Open, read, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail;
- Initiate requests for translation office using the TRMS system program;
- Reserve meeting rooms and equipment;
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Verify, assign financial coding and forward for approvals all invoices for payment for all branches;
- Compile information from joint committees and submit reports for reimbursement of expenses incurred;
- Assist with the overall financial monitoring of budgets and in the preparation of quarterly reports;
- Coordinate and track Sector Evaluations for Product Innovation branch;
- Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma supplemented by successful completion of one (1) year post-secondary program in office technology or secretarial field or other post-secondary education in a related field. A minimum of three (3) years of related work experience. Strong experience working with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate experience working with Oracle-based software.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies: Client Service Orientation; Effective Interactive Communication; Concern for Order; Flexibility; and Teamwork and Cooperation.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Ability to use office technology, software and applications; Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Principles; and Planning and Organizing Skills.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
SALARY: From $37,232 to $45,162 annually.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address before July 27, 2018 indicating competition number THC-18-19. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Marysville Place, 20 McGloin Street (4th Floor North)
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!