Manager, Corporate Communications (Full Time Term Position for 13 months)
The Manager, Corporate Communications leads a team of communications professionals accountable for internal and external communication activities. The team is focused on the development and execution of the department's annual communications strategy. The strategy includes, but is not limited to, employee communications, media relations, proactive communications, risk management and crisis communications, as well as overall reputation management. This role provides feedback and coordinates work flow for the team, in addition to being a hands-on operational manager. They will work closely with the divisional leadership, and other departments to ensure communications are fully aligned with, and supportive of, Atlantic Lottery's business plan.
- Develops a comprehensive program to support the strategy, including all activities, budget, and measurable targets to proactively manage the external profile and image.
- Manages oversight of all tactics and implementation plans to reach Atlantic Lottery's key stakeholders (primary focus on key influencers within the general public, the wider public, media and players)
- Provides advice, guidance and support for the leadership team and provides communications counsel on issues that impact Atlantic Lottery's reputation.
- Builds strong relationships with the media, public officials and business/social communities; manages the proper functioning, direction and performance of our relations with the various press, online and media houses.
- Provides communications advice on transparency requests, legal issues, potential public issues and corporate reputation matters.
- Manages, mentors, coaches and contributes to the development of the corporate communications team.
- Manages proactive and reactive media relations activities.
- Supports the public affairs activities of the organization.
- A degree in business, communications, journalism, or a related discipline.
- At least five years in a senior communications role with a focus on strategic communications counsel, media relations and community affairs (digital and social media experience would be an asset).
- Experience in public affairs is considered a strong asset.
- A team player, able to work collaboratively on a wide range of tasks.
- Highly flexible with ability to adapt to ambiguity, frequently changing time frames and short deadlines.
- Resiliency in stressful situations and willing to occasionally work beyond regular business hours, i.e. in the evening and on weekends, if the situation demands.
- Well organized with an autonomous and structured way of working.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion.
- Professional communications accreditation is considered an asset.
- Bilingualism is considered a strong asset.
- Position is a Full time 13 month maternal/ paternal leave replacement.
Work With Us
Atlantic Lottery delivers a career in a fun and high-performing environment that offers a competitive salary, relevant training, development opportunities and flexible benefits. If you are interested in applying for this position please apply before July 20, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.