Medical Laboratory Technologist 4 (LT04)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory - Administration
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Technologist 4 (LT04)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 10 months)
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
Mainly day shifts
8 hour shifts
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
This position consists of performing supervisory clinical and technical work under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager or Regional Director, which includes administration of the following: blood work services / central receiving and distribution services in a regional laboratory, and one or several fields related to laboratory tests of limited scope in a regional laboratory. Duties namely include performance and staffing management as well as participation in the development and control of budgets, statistics and performance indicators. The successful candidate will also have to perform LT-3 duties and carry out all other related duties, as per the needs of the department.
- Degree from a recognized medical laboratory technology or cytology genetic technology school OR
- Bachelor's degree in medical laboratory science
- Active member of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT)
- At least six years' related experience
- Proven leadership and staff management skills
- Proven ability to fulfill their role in various situations
- Proven teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable in order to improve and maintain service quality
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload
- Proven ability to fulfill their role in a changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.