For over 70 years, and across six provinces we've been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We're a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as a Top 100 Employer and one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Job Title: Actuarial Analyst
Department: Group Underwriting and Actuarial Services
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Moncton or Montreal
Salary: Competitive Compensation
Reports To: Manager
Closing Date: July 22, 2018
Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will play a significant role in ensuring the company's objectives for profitability are achieved. You will work closely with members of the Actuarial, Group Underwriting and Finance teams.
As an Actuarial Analyst, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing underwriting support for large/complex quotes;
- Setting the premium rates for new group and individual products or determining the pricing impact of product revisions;
- Analyzing and monitoring the profitability of group and individual products;
- Monitoring experience trends and providing other statistical analyses;
- Financial and risk assessment of various initiatives in health management;
- Gathering and preparing data needed to complete the various projects assigned to the Actuarial Pricing team.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Education: University degree in Mathematics or Actuarial Sciences
- Work Experience: 2 years of actuarial experience.
- Other Qualifications: Have passed three or more exams from the Society of Actuaries and are pursuing ASA/ACIA designation.
- Computer Skills: Superior knowledge of Excel including macros is required. Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, and R are considered assets.
- Language Skills: Bilingualism is considered an asset for this position.
You also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in area of responsibility and uses specialized knowledge and understanding of trends to handle a variety of complex situations that often lead to policy, process and practice improvements.
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail; Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis and looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Able to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit and/or the organization; provides individuals information so they can make accurate decisions and is timely with information.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Execution and Organizational Skills:
Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
Team Work Skills:
Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.