Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (2070)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Medical Device Reprocessing Departments (MDRD)
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (2070)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation day, evening, night and weekends
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Decontaminate, sterilize, prepare and deliver medical and surgical supplies and instruments for procedures in the various sectors. The incumbent may be assigned to the Surgical Suite and/or Endoscopy Room in Ambulatory Care.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Certificate from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) or eligibility to obtain such certificate;
- Skills using computer tools;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to the principles of professional ethics and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by the Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment