Occupational Therapist (Permanent Full Time), MHSJ Integrated OT PT
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33773 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: MHSJ Integrated OT PT
FACILITY: Saint John Mental Health Services
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Occupational Therapist
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $32.8342 to $39.1679 per hour
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for providing assessment, consultation and clinical services to enable individuals to engage in occupations of life.
- A University degree in a related field. Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists and eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Must have a valid Driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for:
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapy to individuals and groups
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Providing guidance and support to therapy assistants and other health care providers
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Preparing and presenting information and education sessions
- Providing mentoring and support for students
- Participating in developing, maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures
- Participating in developing and sharing information related to clinical skill sets, best practices and clinical guidelines
Professional Competencies identified by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists:
- Assumes Professional Responsibility
- Demonstrates Practice Knowledge
- Utilizes a Practice Process
- Thinks Critically
- Communicates Effectively
- Engages in Professional Development
- Manages the Practice Environment
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by July 22, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33773-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.