Social Worker 1
Competition Number EM18335
Classification Name Social Worker 1
Position Title Social Worker 1
Classification Code 6705-SW-1
Bargaining Unit NB Union - Specialized Health Care Professionals
Unit Location Sussex
Status Part Time Permanent
Full Time Equivalent 0.5
Hours Of Work 0800hr to 1600hr Monday-Friday. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
Anticipated Start Date July 23rd, 2018
Anticipated End Date Not Applicable
Salary Range As per collective agreement
Language Requirement Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Closing Date July 19th, 2018
The social worker provides quality services to patients in accordance with existing social work practices and carries out related administrative duties. He/she may work with children, adults, seniors in various environments.
Required Qualifications and other Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an approved school of social work;
- Member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers and meet the requirements of the Canadian Association of Social Workers;
- Knowledge of the target population of Extra-Mural Services and available community services;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess leadership and coaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.