Service New Brunswick
Pay Band 5
Service New Brunswick (SNB) is seeking an individual to join the Business Application Services Branch as Release Specialist within the Technology Services division.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Application Services, supporting the Department of Social Development, the Release Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Client Business System Support unit to plan and prepare maintenance releases (MRs) which include creation of project release plans, monitoring changes, tracking of release activities, metrics and reports within the NBFamilies portfolio of applications.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate and manage project release work based on content.
- Leading a team of resources as it relates to work plans and prioritizing of tasks.
- Assist the application architects in planning content and resource planning of the MR.
- Execute already established processes and procedures, which include MR documentation.
- Prepare Requests for Deployment for code releases into each environment.
- Management of Service Requests and Change Request for the MR team.
- Post-MR cleanup including documentation and issue cleanup.
- Communications of MR progress, issues, risks. resolutions to team and/or client.
- Prepare and maintain status reports.
- Quality Management of tasks in the Issue Management tool.
- Participate in and contribute to meetings across functional teams, units and departments.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A university degree in Computer Science or relevant degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Has knowledge of QA and PM best practices
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience leading teams
- Experience with working in issue and test tracking tools (e.g. JIRA), Visio and SharePoint
- Experience with Earned Value Project/Performance technique
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working with Microsoft Project, including project planning and estimation
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Travel throughout the province may be required.
Possession of a valid driver's license and the flexibility to provide occasional after hours support is required.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Information Seeking
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Client Service Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications (Microsoft Office suite)
- Written Communication
- Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary : $55 120 - $77 012 annually - Pay Band 5 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca (for Open Competitions) by email at HR-RH@snb.ca, or by mail at the following address indicating competition number 2017-SNB-605. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: (506) 476-7572
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!