Medical Transcriptionist (1018)
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY : Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Transcription
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Transcriptionist (1018)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (Approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
This work involves the transcription of health records and correspondence from oral or dictating machine in assigned hospital areas.
- High school graduation plus an additional bilingual medical transcriptionist program/course of over one and up to two years;
- Ability to type medical dictation accurately at average speed;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
1. Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment