Pharmacy Assistant (Delegated Checker) (1061)
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
STATUS: Casual (on calls)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Performs delegated checking functions; acquires, prepares, checks and distributes medications and pharmaceutical products.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary pharmacy technician program recognized by the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists;
- Six months' experience as a pharmacy assistant;
- Eligibility to perform checking functions in accordance with existing relevant regulations;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools;
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex technical duties;
- Ability to perform assigned duties without constant supervision;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
1. Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment